Learn how high quality project-based learning, for PreK – adult learners, general, special needs, or gifted, is organized and with guidance and resources plan a unit in any subject or interdisciplinary for your students. You will leave with a detailed outline of your unit and implementation strategies to ensure your learners’ best success.
• Learn high quality project based learning’s features
• Identify a real-life challenge your learners will work to solve
• Outline your students’ products
• Learn about student presentation formats
• Identify academic standards and success proficiencies* the unit forwards
• Plan assessments and scaffolds for academic standards and success proficiencies*
• Learn implementation steps of quality project based learning
• Plan a hook to pique your students’ interest
Learn strategies to:
• Scaffold students’ inquiry
• Support students’ collaborative work
• Support students in giving and accepting feedback and enhancement opportunities
• Communicate about the unit
• Identify and prevent possible barriers to your unit’s effective
In high quality project based learning your students from PreK – adult learners, general, special needs, or gifted are intrinsically motivated because they work to solve an authentic challenge and present their findings.
Structure, scaffolds, and inquiry are throughout. Students have voice and choice, agency, and progress with academic standards and success proficiencies.*
The workshop is interactive and includes collaboration, planning time, concrete examples, multiple online and hard copy resources, Planning Guide, and video of challenge-solving projects.
*Success Proficiencies: 21st Century Skills (e.g. Critical Thinking & Problem Solving, Creativity, Collaboration, Communications, Technology), Habits of Mind, your school’s, district’s, or state’s learning vision or learning guiding principles.