Learn how high quality project based learning, for PreK – adult learners, general, special needs, or gifted is organized and with guidance and resources plan a unit in any subject or interdisciplinary for your students.
• Learn high quality project based learning’s features
• Identify a real-life challenge your learners will work to solve
• Outline your students’ products
• Learn about student presentation formats
• Identify academic standards and success proficiencies* the unit forwards
• Plan assessments and scaffolds for academic standards and success proficiencies*
• Learn implementation steps of project based learning
• Receive feedback on your plans
• Leave with detailed outline of your unit
In high quality project based learning your students from PreK – adult learners, general, special needs, or gifted are intrinsically motivated because they work to solve an authentic challenge and present their findings. Structure, scaffolds, and inquiry are throughout. Students have voice and choice, agency, and progress with academic standards and success proficiencies*.
The workshop is interactive and includes collaboration, planning time, concrete examples, multiple online and hard copy resources, Planning Guide, and video of challenge-solving projects.
* Success Proficiencies: 21st Century Skills (e.g. Critical Thinking & Problem Solving, Creativity, Collaboration, Communications, Technology), Habits of Mind, your school’s, district’s, or state’s learning vision or learning guiding principles.